Michael Fogel, Dean's Award, 2007-2008
The Sackler School presents this award for excellence to a candidate who has successfully defended his or her PhD thesis during the previous 12-month period. MD/PhD candidates are considered in the year they complete medical school and receive their degrees.
Sackler students who exhibit distinction in research as demonstrated by submission of an outstanding PhD thesis during the past 12 months may be nominated for this award.
Nominations are due in March of each year.
Each Program Director submits one nomination each year. A nomination packet must include the following documents:
- A nomination letter written by the Program Director not to exceed three pages in length
- A copy of the candidate’s thesis abstract
- The nominee’s abbreviated CV (not more than two pages)
- Three letters of recommendation for the candidate. One of these letters should be from an outside referee (preferably the outside examiner for the thesis defense)
- A statement of purpose and future career goals (one page) from the nominee
The Awards Committee reviews the nominations and considers all of the submitted materials. The committee recommends three candidates to the Dean of the Sackler School who selects the recipient of the award.