Timeline for NIH Fellowship Preparation
Preparing to submit an NIH fellowship application requires thought and planning. Consider attending the Sackler workshops on fellowship submission in the year you plan to submit your application. The guidelines below are intended to assist in planning for submission.
Three months prior to submission you should
- Review the timing of your application with your thesis mentor;
- Contact the appropriate NIH program officer via email to discuss your application plans.
Two months prior to submission, you should
- Notify Sara Abbott in the Sackler Dean's Office of your intent to submit an application
- Complete your Conflict of Interest training
- Review the FOA (Funding Opportunity Announcement) for the program to which you plan to apply
- Look at the Fellowship Instructions for SF424 (R&R) Application Packages.
Contact Sara Abbott
Do not panic when you first attempt to read the FOA. The document is long and you should expect to need help with many of the sections. In addition, some sections may not apply to you.
Note that the SF24 (R&R) changes frequently. Be sure to use the correct version. Please contact Sara Abbott in the Sackler Dean's Office to be sure you have the most updated version.
Links to fellowship FOA's