Be Part of the Future of the Sackler School! Your planned or estate gift leaves a lasting personal legacy of support for scholarships, teaching, and research at the Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences. The Gift Planning Office is here to work with you, your family, and your advisers to help you create a plan that meets both your financial and philanthropic goals.
Information on gift planning
A bequest allows you to make a long-term commitment without affecting your current standard of living. You can provide for the future of the Sackler School by naming Tufts as a beneficiary of a specific dollar amount or a percentage of your estate. You may choose to support a particular fund or program at the Sackler School or your gift may be unrestricted.
Sample Bequest Language
Unrestricted Bequest: “I give ________________ to Trustees of Tufts College, of Medford, Massachusetts, for the general purpose and use of the Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences.”
Gift for preferred purpose: “I give ________________ to Trustees of Tufts College, of Medford, Massachusetts, in support of the Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences. It is my wish that this gift be specifically used to support [list donor’s specific intent here]. If it becomes inappropriate or impossible to accomplish this purpose of the gift as described herein, then the dean of the Sackler School of Biomedical Sciences may designate this bequest to be used for the benefit of a substantially similar purpose.”
If you are in the process of creating a will, your attorney may want to know the university’s tax identification number: 04-2103634.
This information is not intended to be legal or tax advice. Please contact your attorney if you are considering this type of gift.
Other Types of Gifts
There are many other ways to approach planned giving. These include:
- Charitable Gift Annuities allow you to make a gift and receive a steady income stream or claim a charitable tax deduction, while also supporting the Sackler School.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts offer a way to make a meaningful future gift to the Sackler School while simultaneously providing income for life or for a specific term of years for yourself and/or others you name.
- Charitable Lead Trusts are individually managed trusts that make payments to the medical school or another charity for a specified term of years or for the life of one or more individuals.
- Gifts of Real Estate may free you from paying real estate taxes, maintenance costs, and insurance, and can result in capital gains tax savings.
- Retirement Assets, such as IRAs, 401(k)s, and other qualified plans, provide a very simple way to make a future charitable gift.
- Other gift types include Business Interests , Life Insurance , and Pooled Income Funds .
The Charles Tufts Society
Have you already included the Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences in your estate plans?
Let us know so we can welcome you to the Charles Tufts Society!
For more information on gift planning or to let us know you’ve included the Sackler School in your estate plans, you can contact us at:
Associate Director, Gift Planning
Gift Planning Office
Direct Line: 617-627-3616
Main Line: 617-627-3727
Toll Free: 888-748-8387
Find us on Facebook
Estate and Trust Distribution
If you are working with an estate or trust that is distributing a gift to the Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences, please contact the assistant director of estate administration who oversees receipt of all such gifts on behalf of Tufts University:
Yvette M. Story, Esq
Assistant Director of Estate Administration
Gift Planning Office
80 George Street
Medford, MA 02155
Direct Line: 617-627-3876