The application deadline for this year is March 1, 2017.
Email the completed application to our program
The application packet should contain the materials listed below. Please only use Adobe Acrobat Reader to enter and save information on the fillable pdf face page.
- the application face page
- the applicant's CV
- a one page description of the applicant's PhD research
- a one page description of the applicant's proposed research
- a one-page document describing how your prior experiences have motivated you to pursue a career that melds research, teaching, and active contribution to an academic community
- the mentor's NIH biosketch, including a description of the mentor's active and pending funding
- a listing of the mentor's present and prior trainees for the past five years (with current position)
- a letter from the mentor stating support of the goals of the TEACRS program and agreeing to the TEACRS requirement that trainees devote 25% of their time to career development
- the mentor's letter should also acknowledge his or her responsibility for contributing 25% support during the time the trainee is appointed to TEACRS
Three letters of recommendation are also required.
Your referees should email their letters directly to the program.
Claire Moore, PhD
Jordan Wilkinson, Res Adm I
TEACRS Career Outcomes
Over 80% of our trainees have transitioned directly to academic positions in the US; over 70% have taken tenure-track positions.
Health Science Campus
The Health Sciences Campus is home to Sackler, the Schools of Medicine, Dental Medicine, Nutrition, Tufts Medical Center and several research institutes.
Studying in Boston
The many academic institutions in Boston create a student-centered atmosphere.
Learn more about Boston